Speak for Those Who Cannot Programs, Inc. (302) 401-8333
Speak for Those Who Cannot Programs, Inc. - Project SERVE-it
Make it a Healthy Habit to Serve Others
We would love to hear from you.
Or for more information, call us at: (302) 401-8333
Or send inquiries to:
201 Hawthorne Drive
Willmington, DE 19802
Project SERVE-it is Open to - Students in 1st to 12th grades
If you already volunteer every month, that's great! Just ask the Manager at the site to sign your Volunteer Time Sheet.
If you are not currently volunteering, here are some great ideas you might want to try!
Here are some individual and group volunteer opportunities for youth/families at SPEAK:
- Sign-up to become a Project SERVE-it School Liaison or Project SERVE-it Youth Group Liaison
- Sign-up to become a SPEAK volunteer Intern. The are many open opportunities: video recording & editing; music; art; writing and much more!
- Do you enjoy singing and organizing? Sign-up to become a SPEAK! Youth Choir Intern.
SPEAK! Volunteer Service Projects:
- HOPE Closet volunteers are needed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays. Morning and afternoon spots available.
- Youth/Adult Design Team volunteers are needed to help with Room Makeovers in April & May.
- SPEAK Youth Choir members are needed. You will perform at SPEAK events and sing to encourage special local audiences at senior centers, nursing homes...
- Personal Care Items, Food, Clothing Drive volunteers are needed. HOPE Closet serves individuals and families in the community by providing free items to those in need. Coordinate a Drive for any of these items at your job, church, school or in your neighborhood.
Fill out the Contact Form on this page for more info.
Volunteering Ideas for Youth
Older Teens can volunteer may volunteer with Habitat for Humanity
Help a senior in you neighborhood or volunteer at a Senior Center
Coordinate a Food or Clothing Drive in your neighborhood or church for SPEAK! or for another nonprofit org.
Click the Links Below for Listings of Volunteer Opportunities:
VOLUNTEER OF THE MONTH
Each month, a Project SERVE-it Volunteer will be chosen to be the Volunteer of the Month. The Volunteer of the Month will receive a Certificate and Special Gift.To be eligible he/she must:
- Volunteer at least 5 hours during that month.
- Complete and submit Volunteer Log by the last day of the month
- Submit a short 100 word or less essay describing the volunteer activity, its impact on you and the community.
Project SERVE-it March 2015 Volunteer of the Month
My name is Dominic J., and I am 11 years old. I've been unofficially volunteering at Sunrise Assisted Living Residence as I tag along with my mom who is a family caregiver. I was very excited when I was approached by Ms. Julie about making volunteering official. As of the beginning of this month,I am on the schedule two days a week for a total of 4 hours. Although, I usually stay longer.
My duties there include walking, feeding and training two dogs to become companion dogs to the elderly. This impacts me in a big way because I love the connection I have with dogs, but I found out I have a connection with the elderly too. I don't remember having grandparents, so being around the residents gives me time to enjoy all the special with the have. I also enjoy being a helper in any way needed. Often, I am asked to set up chairs for special events, or play with a lonely resident. I impact the Sunrise community because some of the residents always ask for me when I'm not there, and when I do visit, they tell me they look forward to my visits. It makes me feel good to see the smile on their faces when I walk in. I feel good seeing them too!
Looking forward to continuing to volunteer.
Who will be the April 2015 Volunteer of the Month?